Monday, October 12, 2015

Helpful resources on fasting

If you are prepared to embark on a potentially exciting and rewarding journey through fasting, let me provide you with some names of resources that I have found to be very helpful.

Bill Bright, who was the founder and revered leader of Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) for many years was an avid proponent of fasting. CRU's website continues to provide easy to digest information on this topic. You can begin your research by clicking here.

I have also found a few books to be very helpful:

"God's Chosen Fast" by Arthur Wallis is very helpful. It is a short book that answers most of the questions that someone who is new to fasting would ask.

I have also enjoyed "Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough" by Elmer Towns. In this book, the author identifies nine specific areas of our life that can experience breakthrough by fasting.

I found that doing the Daniel Fast (think "vegetarian") was much easier than a normal fast but also brought with it many benefits. The book I used was "The Daniel Fast" by Susan Gregory.

No comments:

Post a Comment